The job of the oncology medical team is to put out the fire, stop the emergency, and save the patient’s life, said Diane Heditsian, Researcher and Patient Advocate, Breast Oncology Program, University of California, San Francisco, during the 2016 Cancer Survivorship Symposium.
- Xalkori Receives New Indication for Metastatic Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer with the ROS-1 Mutation
- Afinitor Granted New Indication for Unresectable, Locally Advanced or Metastatic Neuroendocrine Tumors
- FDA Designates Iomab-B as Orphan Drug in the Treatment of Relapsed and/or Refractory Acute Myeloid Leukemia in Older Patients
- Acalabrutinib Demonstrates Efficacy and Safety in Relapsed CLL
- Targeting BCL2 with Venetoclax in Patients with Relapsed CLL
- Atezolizumab Shows Durable Response, Tolerability in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Ibrutinib Superior to Chlorambucil in CLL
The United States has the largest biologic drugs market and high prices for biologics, such as monoclonal antibodies, therapeutic proteins, immunomodulators, and growth factors. Cancer treatments utilize traditional chemical-based drugs and, increasingly, biologic-based drugs. The improved safety and efficacy of biologics offer treatment advantages for newly diagnosed patients with cancer, as well as for those with late-stage and terminal cancers.
The use of cost data to inform infrastructure investments can help cancer centers move toward value-based payment models, improve end-of-life planning, and reduce futile care, according to Kerin B. Adelson, MD, Chief Quality Officer and Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Smilow Cancer Hospital (SCH) at Yale-New Haven, CT.
Differences in 3 recently identified molecular factors in patients with metastatic renal-cell carcinoma (RCC) may explain the inferior survival rates in African-American patients versus in Caucasian patients, even in the age of targeted therapy. These factors are also associated with decreased responsiveness to vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) receptor (VEGFR)-directed therapy.
Page 1 of 3
Results 1 - 10 of 21
Results 1 - 10 of 21